Thursday, January 05, 2006

Gonzo Figures

There is fine line between High Art and Low Art, and for that matter, Art and...all that other stuff. Crossing this line often has to do with legitimization. How is the work legitimate? Is the artist intending the work to be High Art? I came across this guys work, it is rather odd. Imagine this stuff full size, in an installation setting. The artist's name is Gonzo and he makes the figures by transforming existing body parts and painting them. His gallery is here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gonzo said...

Full size? This figure sitting down is 4" tall. Most of My figures are 2.5" tall. The art is to make them this realistic looking in such a small scale. Some of my work is erotic, some is bizzarre, and some just plain absurd. But I see you chose it for your blog. My figure page alone, averages over 1000 hits a day, with my total veiwers at an average of 5000 hits a day. Watch your stats while this girl is here, you may want to put another one on to critique. Thanks for the extra hits to my site. Gonzo

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home